“U & G FABRICS”, shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Users and is committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013. As and when necessary, U & G FABRICS may electronically collect, store, disclose and/or use the following of your personal information: name and surname; contact numbers; non-personal browsing habits and click patterns through cookies and analytics; e-mail address; IP address; geographical location; account details; and/or username and password (required for access to personal information pages). U & G FABRICS collects stores and uses the above-mentioned information in order for U & G FABRICS to:
- communicate requested information to you;
- respond to queries, responses or complaints submitted by you;
- process orders or applications for U & G FABRICS products and/or services;
- create products or services that may meet your future requirements;
- provide you with access to restricted pages on the U & G FABRICS website; and
- compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click-patterns and access to the online services.
- U & G FABRICS may further collect non-personal information, for example, your IP address, the date and time of your visits to the U & G FABRICS website, and browser history, to recognise U & G FABRICS may further use this non-personal information to develop future products and/or services to meet your requirements and needs.
- U & G FABRICS owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by U & G FABRICS as and when necessary, U & G FABRICS may use and/or disclose your personal information collected: in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and applicable laws; to either credit grantors and/or credit bureaux and/or banks and/or other financial institutions in order to ascertain information relating to your creditworthiness and for fraud prevention purposes and in order to process any payment transactions where necessary; to attorneys and/or debt collection agencies if you breach any agreements with U & G FABRICS, to U & G FABRICS agents and/or consultants and/or trade partners, but only to the extent necessary and in order to provide U & G FABRICS products, services and the online services to you; to consumer research companies for the purposes of conducting research on improving U & G FABRICS products, services and the online services; for the purposes of us publishing a directory containing the name, address, details and the applicable mobile phone number of U & G FABRICS subscribers; and for the purposes of U & G FABRICS informing or sending information to you about any new services or products offered by U & G FABRICS and/or by any of U & G FABRICS agents and/or consultants and/or trade partners which we consider may be of interest to you. U & G FABRICS will comply with the direct marketing provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) and the CPA regulations, including the provisions relating to the direct marketing registry.
By using the online services and the U & G FABRICS website you understand that U & G FABRICS may, where necessary and where permitted by law, monitor your calls, e-mails or SMS’s for business purposes, including for purposes of quality control, training, marketing and improving the online services. U & G FABRICS agrees that it will not disclose any personal information that could be used to identify you. U & G FABRICS reserves the right to amend this privacy statement if required to do so due to a change in any personal information or privacy laws.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
U & G FABRICS / The company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential injury, loss or damages which might arise from your use of, or reliance upon, any material or content contained in, or inability to use, and/or unlawful activity on, the website and/or any linked third party website. You hereby indemnify the company against any loss, claim or damage which may be suffered by yourself or any third party arising in any way from your use of this website and/or any linked third party website.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
U & G FABRICS / The Company reserves the right to update and/or amend the Terms and Conditions from time to time and without any notice, and you are accordingly encouraged to check the Website regularly. Any such change will only apply to your use of this Website after the change is displayed on this Website. If you use this Website after such updated or amended Terms and Conditions have been displayed on this Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such updates or amendments.
Availability and termination
We (U & G FABRICS), will use reasonable endeavours to maintain the availability of the Website, except during scheduled maintenance periods, and reserve the right to discontinue providing the Website or any part thereof with or without notice to you. The Company may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that the Company will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Your continued use of the Website will constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the South African courts regarding all proceedings, transactions, applications or the like instituted by either party against the other, arising from any of these Terms and Conditions.